Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1st Home Study

We were so excited to begin the home study process! Not that its going to be fun at all but it is 1 step closer to holding our child! The agency was willing to schedule our appt after hours so that we would not have to work around work schedules! So, I took the 1st available appt they had-Tuesday,Jan 12th at 530! I called Marty SO excited and he reminded me that his kids had a very important FFA competition Tuesday, at 500! I was kind of sad because I knew the next available appt would be 2weeks away...but I knew his kids had worked so hard for this competition. When i called to reschedule I was surprised to find they had a cancellation and now had an appt available after hours on Thursday, Jan 14th(my Bday!) I was SOOOOOOO excited and quickly had The "perfect Birthday" planned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received a phone call today(Jan 12th)explaining that they had double booked and our appt would have to be moved to next Tuesday.... I was def very sad! Sad that we will be starting a week later(but Ive come to expect that with the adoption journey.) What really broke my heart was that "My perfect Birthday" will not go as planned! SELFISH I ADMIT!!!!! But starting on my Bday was SO special to me! After being sad and feeling sorry for myself I was reminded that this was a surprise to me BUT NO SURPRISE TO GOD! It was HIS perfect timing! I decided to do something to make my self happy(since Marty's not here to entertain me!lol He is still at the FFA competition.)


1st! I indulged in Monkey Muffins!!!=) Marty and I have began counting calories! Trying to take better care of ourselves in 2010! I decided who cares about calories today?! Monkey Muffins are guaranteed to put a smile on your face!=)If you need to smile here is the recipe!

Monkey Muffins
Added by Ree Drummond

Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes Servings 12 Difficulty Easy

Ingredients
•Leftover Bread Dough (or Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, Cut Into Thirds)
•Butter
•Sugar
•Ground Cinnamon
•Sweetened, Condensed Milk
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in sugar and cinnamon.

Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut refrigerated biscuit dough into thirds). Place three into each muffin tin.

Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon.

Allow dough to rise, if applicable, or just go ahead and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.

Remove from oven and immediately drizzle plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to sit for a little while to absorb sweet, sticky milk.

Scoop out with a spoon and serve to hungry humans.


2nd! Season Premier of American Idol! Guaranteed to make you LAUGH!!!!!!=)



Thank you for continuing to follow our journey and lift our family up in prayer! Please continue to pray for our child, pray that they are being cared for and loved! Pray that God will provide loving people to protect them until they are able to rest safe in our arms! Pray that we will be patient and remember that this journey is HIS plan and HIS timing! Pray for us as we meet with the home study agency on Tuesday, Jan 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment