Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Early Fall 2013

*After not being at my church for several weeks due to being out of town. I was determined and excited to make it today! Bad dreams kept me up all night, the outfits I prepared for the family on Friday had to be changed last minute, we were late for Sunday school, as soon as I sat down in worship I had to go get Drew...Satan was trying to steal my joy but God had me just where he wanted me...in a rocking chair in the corner of the nursery, rocking Drew, listening to the worship service via the speaker, and watching my baby boy sing along with his arms raised high and a smile on his face!!! God 1. Satan 0.

*For some time now, we have been teaching Jackson about prayer. We have used the 5 finger model (praise, thanksgiving, request for someone else, forgiveness, request for himself) in hopes that it would stick and give him a guide. 

It has been sweet & entertaining as we watch him grow in his prayer life. 

He always thanks God for his beach ball. Always. 
He prayed for specific family members when they have been facing a difficult time (that he didn't even know about).
He list his "peoples" that he loves to Jesus. List his animals to Jesus. But always includes Chowder (Nanny & Bears dog) on the "peoples" list.
He ask Jesus to give Paw & Mamaw hugs! Big ones!

I think forgiveness is "sticking."
He told on himself to Mommy while praying. "Jesus. Me tee teed ALL ovvver 'bafroom' on purpose!!! That bad. Sorry!

*In reference to a coke can Marty Cantrell forgot to throw away. "Mommy, trash. Daddy not put in trash! Bad!" I will get it baby. Daddy just forgot. "That was bad. He tell Jesus he sorry!!!"

Love watching him grow and learning from him!



*Drew can you say B? We're going to study the letter B this week. Like....Uncle Barry and banana..Drew says, babbbbyyy and basketball!!!! Smarty pants! I think he understands!

Mocha the new goat.
Photo: Mocha the escape goat. She likes to give Marty Cantrell a hard time! #lifeonthefarm.



First day of Kindermusik







First Tech football game!
Photo: 1st LA Tech football game! Already breakin' it down!

Photo: Go Dawgs!

*Yesterday didn't go as planned. Woke to the hubby crying & saying his dad "Paw" was in a motorcycle accident. Praise God after an over night stay at the hospital, lots of test & xrays, some cracked ribs, major pain, and road rash he is home!!! So thankful for the prayers & Gods protection! Now we get to take care of the man who always takes care of all of us! 

I am so thankful for what my boys were able to learn from watching Marty Cantrellduring this. Love on your daddy, take care of your momma, and pray for both of them! No doubt he learned it from his daddy! SO thankful for a man who loves God and his family!


First haircut
Photo: My little wild man has turned into the sweetest little love bug! 1st haircut=no tears!!! He had to take "babies" with him.  :)


*This week has been long & exhausting...not complaining because we have been blessed to be apart of tons of God moments!!! Watching God work in the lives of friends in family is amazing! But I will admit I am physically tired...

After a much needed evening out with just my little fam. Which was fabulous might I add.  I was going to run in the hospital to check on my mom, her brother is not doing very well. Jackson asked if he could go in, on the way in he asked why does Nanna B live here. I explained that Uncle George was sick, bad sick, Nanna was sad and was taking care of him. He asked if he could give her a hug & cheer her up. I said, sure.

When we got in the room it was one of the most proud mommy moments i have ever experienced! Jackson hugged his Nanna B and said, "Nanna, Jesus loves Uncle George! Him does. He love you too!"

I am so thankful for that sweet boys heart


*Excuse my 1500 Jackson quotes. This boy just knows how to put a smile on Mommas face.

"Mommy you have pretty butterfly wings." I asked, what do you mean buddy? "Your butterfly wings, so you can fly, because you're my angel!"



Taking Mrs Annette cake to the nurses
. Photo: When you go above and beyond to be a good nurse you deserve to be rewarded! My sweet boys delivering Mrs Annette cake to the nurses station at NLMC



*Jackson insisted that he needed to attend "big church" this morning. Aside from being a little squirmy he did great!

When I talked during worship he reminded me"mommy! Shh! Suppost to be good in here!"

Patted Marty on the leg after he read scripture to the congregation and said "good job, dad. Proud of you! "

Sang "hallelujah" during worship.

Loved the piano playing during offering.

Kicked back in my lap, arms behind his head, and feet up for the sermon.

When bro wall asked, "do you know that youre saved?" He nodded, no. When bro wall asked, "do you have a burning desire in your heart to know God more?" He smiled big and nodded, yes!

Love how God uses this sweet boy to speak to my heart! So proud of him!



Bike ride to the pond in our pjs.
Photo: Morning bike ride to the pond in our pjs! Love this gorgeous fall weather!


SO excited about his thrift store find.
Photo: Kindermusik+Park+thrift store book find+a visit with Paw=a great morning!!! This book was at the condo we stayed at during our beach trip. Sweet boy loves it! Someone had to read it all day everyday! He has his very own copy now! Lol


*Marty "Jackson you know that's not acceptable. You know how to act, Buddy." Jackson "sorry, dad. Cookies make me do crazy things!"


*Drew's fav words right now are"Bible" and "Jesus" and it makes me smile so big every single time I hear him! However, today during church he needed Momma (teething is no fun!) We tried to sit in the foyer so that I could still hear the sermon. As soon as he saw Bro. Wall he squeals, points, and screams "Jesus!" Haha! At least he knows church, preacher, Bible, Jesus...all go together.




Photo: 70 degree weather, jumping on the trampoline,  ring around the rosie 7500 times, and riding every ride on toy we own. We love fall! #sweetbrothers




18month check up
 Photo: My big boy waiting to see the doctor. Where did my baby go?! :(






No comments:

Post a Comment